[CM] S7, reentrancy, and threads

bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Dec 24 11:58:15 PST 2019

> is it possible to have these separate calls to scheme share data
> and affect each others runtimes, including function definitions?

I don't think this will work -- you can share constant data, but
not anything in the heaps.  I don't see why you'd need a separate
interpreter for every object.  Are Max objects separate threads
in C?  I have done very little work in JavaScript, but I think
jS objects are similar to s7 lets (i.e. a collection of names+values,
and if the value is a function, it's considered a "method").
So you just need to map between those (or some facsimile thereof), all
within one s7 interpreter.  s7's object-oriented stuff is very close
to JavaScript (I think -- I'm no expert).