[CM] Snd 17.8

Tito Latini tito.01beta at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 06:35:14 PDT 2017

> test that I forgot.  Thanks again -- now I'm wondering if
> mkinstalldirs is needed anymore -- back in the old days, makefiles
> would create system directories -- seems like a bad idea now.
> makefile.in currently uses that script if you include --install,
> but that stuff is 20 years old.

Perhaps the `install' command from coreutils could replace mkinstalldirs.

I generally use `make install' with DESTDIR to create a local
Slackware package but I can change that script/habit without problems:

# from root
mkdir slack
make DESTDIR=$PWD/slack install
gzip -9 slack/usr/share/man/man1/snd.1
mkdir -p slack/usr/share/doc/snd
cp -r *.html pix slack/usr/share/doc/snd
cp -r HISTORY.Snd NEWS README.Snd sndins tools slack/usr/share/snd
cd slack
makepkg -l y -c n ../snd-17.8-x86_64-1.txz
upgradepkg ../snd-17.8-x86_64-1.txz