[CM] working with large data sets

bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Sep 12 05:00:28 PDT 2016

> with huge data its possible may run out of heap space

Not s7's heap -- it grows as needed.  You might run out
of RAM, but 24000 cells is just a megabyte worst case
and won't normally even trigger a GC.  If s7 by itself
dies, send me the data file.  (I routinely work with
millions of data points, so something else has to be
the culprit -- I edit 1GByte data files in emacs).

On editing out special chars, you can use s7 to do that,
control-p is 16, control-m 13 etc.  If possible, run
your test in a debugger (gdb in Linux/Mac) and send
me a stacktrace.