[CM] working with large data sets

Taube, Heinrich K taube at illinois.edu
Mon Sep 12 03:29:53 PDT 2016

hi lynn the bridge from grace’s editor to s7 is intended as a code editor and simply isnt made for huge wads of data.

I would use an external app like emacs to edit the data in a .scm file and then simply load that file i Grace (or more speciically, into s7, which grace uses.)   so the scheme file would look like
(define mydata ‘(1 2 3
 ….. 24,000
))

also with huge data its possible may run out of heap space. if thats the case and depending on what you are tring to do, you could switch to the CM2/CLM/Common Lisp. those packages work will and common lisp would probably handle the large data sets that you are using.