[CM] Grace + Csound: Sandboxing issue on Mac

Aykut Caglayan aykut_caglayan at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 16 12:14:53 PST 2016

You could download earlier releases via this link:
http://camil.music.illinois.edu/software/grace/

I'm using 3.9-beta6, which is working like 'Grace' unlike App Store release

 Message: 1
 Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 22:58:17 -0800
 From: Ben McAllister <benmca at gmail.com>
 To: cm list <Cmdist at ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
 Subject: [CM] Grace + Csound: Sandboxing issue on Mac
 <CADtM24yZm2ZYd4VM65LJcL1t0_YxDCymzh5KfETWd3tLoHrM+A at mail.gmail.com>

 Hello List,

 In working through the tutorials in the 3.9 release through
 the App
 Store, I discovered I'm not able to run Csound from Grace.
 Looks like
 the app is built with sandboxing enabled, which prohibits it
 from
 executing my csound binary.  Maybe this is compulsory
 when submitting?
 I'm a developer, but haven't ever deployed a Mac app..
 Grepping
 through the Grace binary, I see the key
 <key>com.apple.security.app-sandbox</key>
 is set to true, at any
 rate, hence my guess.

 So - I figured I'd build my own Grace from source, but JUCE
 compilation seems to be broken, perhaps on OS X 10.11
 only?  make gets
 a lot of complaints on a missing Point definition like so:

 /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/QD.framework/Headers/Quickdraw.h:286:102:
 error: unknown type name

       'Point'

 typedef CALLBACK_API( short , QDTxMeasProcPtr )(short
 byteCount, const
 void *textAddr, Point *numer, Point *denom, FontInfo
 *info);

 A recent poster on JUCE's forum mentions the issue:
 http://www.juce.com/forum/topic/unknown-type-name-point

 Any help/workarounds appreciated. Thanks!
 Ben McAllister
 listenfaster.com

               ^

 End of Cmdist Digest, Vol 94, Issue 1