[CM] Can't save new files

Heinrich Taube taube at illinois.edu
Tue May 20 06:07:23 PDT 2014

On May 20, 2014, at 7:44 AM, Philippe de Rochambeau <phiroc at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi Heinrich,
> setting the Working Directory did the trick.
> Many thanks.
> Philippe

Terrific, ill try to figure out how to fix this as soon as i have some time!

about the midi tracks, there are a few ways you could create 'tracks' of data...

the most obvious would be to simply use your Mac's 'IAC Application Bus' to send your midi output  to an app like Logic or Garage Band, then use that apps to edit the sequence(s) however you want.  To do this set your your Midi Out port in Grace to your Mac's "IAC Application Bus" , then inside  Logic or Garage Band set its input port to "IAC Application Bus". You can send your midi data to sibelius or Finale (or any other app you want) using the same mechanism.

another way to create 'tracks'  of midi information would be to simply compute lists of midi data, where each list represents a track:

; create a function that makes packets of midi data

(define  (mymidi time dur keyn amp chan)
  (list time dur keyn amp chan))

; now compute a track of midi data...

(define mytrack1
  (loop repeat 100
        for rhy = (pick .2 .4 .8)
        for start = 0 then (+ start rhy)
        collect (mymidi start rhy (between 30 90) .5 0)))

once you have 'tracks' of data you can output them to midi files, or graph them in a plot window, whatever