[CM] Several questions

ludger brümmer lb at zkm.de
Wed Jul 2 08:54:48 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I tried to use a reverb and I think there seems to be something wrong in the way how the function nrev is called. Is it due to different quoting?
I checked with "with-sound" and through a CM process both with a similar result.

all the best
Ludger

(with-sound (:statistics #t :scaled-to 0.95 :output "test.aiff" :reverb 'nrev) (fm 0 1 440 .1 :reverb 0.1))

(define (simpwav n r lb ub)
  (process repeat n
           for i from 0
           for k = (between lb ub)
           do
           (fm i 1.5 k .1 :reverb .01)
           (wait r)
           ))

(sprout (simpwav 10 .2 440 881) "test.wav" :scaled-to 0.95 :reverb 'nrev)

>>> Error: attempt to apply the symbol nrev to ()?
finish-with-sound: (apply reverb reverb-data)     ; reverb: nrev
                                                   ; reverb-data: ()
finish-with-sound: ((mus-close *reverb*))
finish-with-sound: ((if (mus-output? *output*)... ; old-srate: 44100
                                                   ; output: "/Users/ludil/test.wav"
snd:close-output-file: ((do ((tail *sfdat* (cd... ; wsdat: (with-sound-data "/Users/l...
snd:close-output-file: ((void))
(snd:close-output-file)

Prof. Ludger Brümmer
Head of ZKM|Institute for Music and Acoustics
Lorenzstr. 19
76135 Karlsruhe
tel.: +49 721 8100 1600