[CM] slime cm-2.10 and ASDF

R. Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Tue Aug 6 02:03:24 PDT 2013

On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 14:53:36 +1200, adam wrote

> I'm sorry to be a pest, gentlemen.

You aren't. That's what this list is for.

> After setting up sbcl with Quicklisp, and setting the
> environment variable,
> $ export CM_RUNTIME=sbcl
>
> Running  cm.sh  of CM-2.10 fails with the error below.
>
> I can supply further information if required. While I can't seem
> to find the sbcl Implementation Notes, I have established that
> UNIX-FILE-KIND is not mentioned in the sbcl manual. Indeed it
> seems to be a reoccurring problem for sbcl.
>
> If anyone can recommend the best fix or patch for this, then
> much appreciated.

As a quick fix, just replace the file cm.asd in your cm-directory
with the one in the attachment.
BTW, I find it way more convenient to use CM like this:

 - create a symboli link from you cm-directory into ~/quicklisp/local-projects [1]

 - start your lisp of choice and enter:

  (ql:quickload :cm)
  (cm)

HTH RalfD

[1] on Linux, do:

 $ ln -s /where/you/installed/cm/ ~/quicklisp/local-projects/

--
R. Mattes -
Hochschule fuer Musik Freiburg
rm at inm.mh-freiburg.de