[CM] Grace freezes on sprout

Sergey cmdist at nospam.frostglow.com
Sat Sep 22 10:50:07 PDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 12:13:02PM -0500, Heinrich Taube wrote:

> ok for sure you need to do an svn update as i had not actually committed the new error hook code for the latest sndlib!!!
>
> please do this so we are on the same page:
>
> cd cm
> rm -rf sndlin
> premake4 clean
> premake4
> make

Ok.  I did the above (modifying "sndlin" to "sndlib", and the last
"premake4" to "premake4 --jack"

It seemed to compile fine, with just a few warnings.  The full compile
log is here:

    http://pastie.org/4781177

Then, when I ran Grace, in my terminal I saw the following errors:

    http://pastie.org/4781141

When I ran either the code I posted in my original message or your
suggested modification with "format" instead of "print", Grace reported
replied "syntax-error" when I executed the "(sprout (foo))" line, though
no complaints when executing the definition of foo.

Also, at the same time it reported the syntax-error in the Grace window,
on my terminal I saw Grace output:

    ;sprout: unbound variable
    ;    (sprout (foo))

This is definitely better than going in to an infinite loop and hanging
my machine, but now I think I'm a bit at a loss as far as understanding
what's going on here.  Which variable does Grace think is unbound?  And
what is the source of the syntax-error?

Thanks,

  --Sergey