[CM] cm in juce 2.0, jack

Tue Sep 18 20:29:10 PDT 2012

On 09/18/2012 10:17 AM, Heinrich Taube wrote:
>> , I'm trying to bring old code up and running and it needs patterns ("make-item-stream"!). It does not look like I can get patterns.scm to load on a plain s7…
>
> make-item-stream! wow that really is old!! :)     hmm cm2 has (new<cycle>  …) maybe you mean that?

Nope, make-item-stream 'items 'heap '( things ...)
:-)
Or just (items x y z in heap)
Very old.

> in the best of all worlds one could simply load up cm2 code into s7/grace, but cm2 used a tiny-clos'ish object system that chicken, gauche and stklos managed to provide in one form or another. if i could mimic this with s7's object system that would work, but i don't know yet if thats possible or what sort of speed issues would arise. its on my todo list.

I ended up hacking patterns.scm enough so it loads and runs (very
limited testing just for the patterns I was using) in an s7 interpreter.
It was not that difficult. It would be good to have an "official"
version that loads into plain s7...

The piece (from 1994) is starting to make noises again with much help
from Bill.