[CM] slippery chicken release

Sat May 26 15:35:05 PDT 2012

On 05/26/2012 03:02 AM, Michael Edwards wrote:
> Hi Torsten,
>
>> PS: Also, you are saying clearly that you do not plan an graphical user interface for this software. Nevertheless, likely it would be relatively easy to turn your whole software into a library for PWGL or OpenMusic.
>
> That's an interesting proposition.  Certainly some people might find
> having a popup window with object properties useful.  And for sure,
> some of the graphical editors in those packages are great.  I remain
> sceptical myself however--I just find programming directly, in a text
> editor, to be the most effective and efficient way of working.  I
> realise that I'm in the minority there though.

Count me in the minority as well!

Perhaps most current users have _never_ been exposed to programming with
"text", and have only interacted with computers through a mouse and
graphical interfaces. I believe text interaction is faster but it might
be just a bias because my brain has never been "programmed" under the
visual programming paradigm.

On the other hand I think most (all?) programming and software
development in the computer world happens in the text domain.