[CM] Typing Foreign Letters in CMN Text

JEFFREY ZIMMER hieronymous.christian.uhrmacher at verizon.net
Tue May 8 18:15:31 PDT 2012

My question pertains to CMN -

Among the sample .cmn files I received with my CMN download is one
called mir.cmn.  This example spells the German word gluck (with an
umlaut on the u) as "gl\\374ck"  I have not been successful in
figuring how to use this kind of numeric font encoding on my Mac G5
(OSX 10.5.8) using the fonts on the machine, although "Times-Roman"
and "Times-Italic" do work just fine as the font-name keywords in
CMN.  I would like to include accents and umlauts in the Times font
like in mir.cmn.  Is there a way to exploit the full font set on a Mac
with numeric codes?  Has anybody done this?

Thanks,

Jeff Zimmer