[CM] Question on bracket function

Bill Schottstaedt bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat Mar 10 09:03:15 PST 2012

I think you've hit a bug in cmn.  If the initial rest were a note, this
would work:

  (c4 (rq 2/3) (dx 0) (dy 0) (setf bt (beat-subdivision- (subdivision 3) (dy .5))))
  (chord   (notes c5 e5 ) tq (-beat-subdivision- bt) (dx 0))
  (chord (notes d5 f5 ) tq (-beat-subdivision bt) (dx 0)) ))

That is, the rhythmic bracket is called "beat-subdivision", and the syntax
is very verbose.  (dy .5) in the first note above pushes the entire bracket up a bit.
Unfortunately, if the first note is a rest, cmn gets confused about the bracket
placement.  I'll look at this -- maybe it will be easy to fix.

I don't know how to search the cmdist archive.