[CM] s7 on bare metal Blackfin DSP board?

Matti Koskinen mjkoskin at kolumbus.fi
Sat Jun 23 07:20:14 PDT 2012

hi,

this might be specifically to BIill. I have a BFin BF537-EZKIT board
(96kHz codec, 64MB SDRAM, 4M flash). ucLinux runs neatly, but the audio
is not supported at all on this card. Bare metal dsp works fine, been
playing getting analog from ADC, filtrating with variable fir-filter and
then outputting to DAC. Once I coded double buffered audio and used
1D-convolution in time domain, convoluting left and right channels, and
there's enough power to do that in real time.

The U-Boot bootloader has serial i/o so Scheme REPL should be easy.
Haven't looked much the s7-code, but the bin-elf-gcc compiler may have
all the ingredients. Audio (perhaps) is sufficiently easy to implement.

First I was thinking of Forth (coded that ages ago for 8085), but Scheme
could be more usable.

It's really a pity the bf537-version of ucLinux needs extra ADC/DAC-card
to get audio on EZKIT.

tia

-matti