[CM] [OT] Question about "Notes from the Metalevel"

Timoth E. Gard timgard at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 7 09:40:00 PDT 2012

David et al,

I've also been trying to work through the examples in the book (bought softcover some years ago and am finally getting around to it). I am having similar problems trying to get the OO examples working. The book says that some of the examples are idealized, but I cannot find a working equivalent for "new midi", for example. I've tried what I could find using Common Lisp, CLOS and various Scheme/s7 implementations, but no luck. (make-instance note-on, "mp:out", stuff like that)

Also running Win/Grace (3.8.0) and am wondering if I may have to install Cygnet to move forward.

I managed to find the example code that came with the hardcover book using the Wayback Machine at archive.org, which has at least shown me what gets generated when the code runs. You're welcome to a copy if you don't have them.

Searching around, I've found a few people asking similar questions over the years with little results. Sorry I can't offer any good answers but wanted to add a "me too".

Tim