[CM] Grace and Fomus on F 14

jallan365 jallan378 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 06:38:42 PST 2011

I'm pretty stuck on installing Fomus (1.18) with Grace (3.7.3) on os x
10.6.8.
 using the instructions that Bill gave below

 - get boost 1.45, untar into /usr/local/src and run ./bootstrap
> - ./bjam install --prefix=/usr/local
> - (though this puts things in very strange places - the whole boost
> build & install process is very opaque to me)
> - mv /usr/local/libboost_* lib/ (see above)
> - mkdir /usr/local/include/boost
> - mv /usr/local/boost/* /usr/local/include/boost
>
> - then untar fomus 0.1.15 into /usr/local/src
> - ./configure --with-boost=/usr/local
> - make install
>
> - make a file called 'local.conf' in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ containing the
> line '/usr/local/lib'
> - run ldconfig
>
> - start Grace and see the new Fomus in its terminal window
> - run a fomus example from Help>Examples>Scheme>Fomus and do a
> hokeypokey when it works!

I've got as far as

 - run ldconfig

but maybe because I'm not using Fedora/Ubuntu   I can't find ldconfig or an
equivalent? I know that Fomus is installed properly (did fomus -O and the
list of info came up)  but I'm still getting the same error message

I'm not sure how I can get round this, frankly I'm pretty much a novice for
all things regarding terminal. I'd really appreciate some help, Fomus is
exactly what I need to use for my work and I feel like it's really close!
Cheers,
Jallan