[CM] cm rts?

Matti Koskinen mjkoskin at kolumbus.fi
Thu Nov 17 17:22:40 PST 2011

hi all,

it's been very quiet here, so I hope Rick could answer my question.

After reading the sad news about McCarthy I tried lisp again. So far I've succeed building cm-2.10 with Clozure CL (64-bit)  on osx lion, and got also the portmidi part working. Had to clean my linux-box and install win xp in order to use rtpMIDI (www.tobias--erichsen.de/rtpMIDI.html) and with that I can connect to osx network midi.
Works, Grace works fine, also the test-no-cm.lisp in portmidi works, I can send to keyboard and back. In cm output works as well.
But recording in cm needs rts, and the rts folder in sf is empty. Is there a place to download rts?

It was quite an ordeal to get right packages to get portmidi. working. Latest cffi gave cryptic messages, luckily old posts here helped to find a version of cffi, and the things cleared.

The thing I'm interested in lisp, is that in pastebin I found ga-music.lisp code. That was also a pain in the butt to get it to compile. Didn't occur that population in ccl was already in use and compiling ga-music gave also cryptic errors. Then as a last resort I checked with apropos population, and it's defined in many flavors in ccl. Changed the name and the file works. The format of the definition of notes is somewhat unclear yet, but hope to change it to cm's definitions, so I can record first with midi a phrase and the run ga on it and play back. But rts is needed, also in the cm2 documentation there's port midi-receive! but that doesn't exist.

tia

-matti