[CM] snd, config

rm at tuxteam.de rm at tuxteam.de
Thu Dec 29 06:14:46 PST 2011

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 02:40:42PM +0100, Ren? Bastian wrote:
> > HTH Ralf Mattes
>
> I installed 'jackd' & consorts (and also 'snd')
> with Synaptic; I get the following messages :
> rb at rene:~/pythoneon/Ondes$ snd wwus-test2.wav
> Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
> Cannot connect to server socket
> jack server is not running or cannot be started
> can't play : open read /dev/dsp: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
>   [audio.c[576] linux_audio_open_with_error]can't play: no audio support

Did you _start_ the jackd server? (please look at the fine documentation
for setting up jack available at your local internet :-)

> rb at rene:~/pythoneon/Ondes$ aplay -l
> card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: AD198x Analog [AD198x Analog]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: AD198x Digital [AD198x Digital]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>
> rb at rene:~/pythoneon/Ondes$ pkg-config --modversion alsa
> Package alsa was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `alsa.pc'
> No package 'alsa' found

So, if you decide to compile your own version of snd you need to install
this package to comiple alsa support.

> 'play' and 'aplay' are still working

Those have nothing to do with the development package.

> I can try to install 'snd from a tar.gz ?

You mean from the sources? Then you need the alsa development
package (and the jack development package if you want jack support).

HTH RalfD