[CM] Snd 11.9

Bill Schottstaedt bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Sep 17 08:48:04 PDT 2010

Snd 11.9.

The new gtk (version 3) has discarded most of the gdk functions, replacing them
  with cairo.  This means the xg module and gtk code have also
  changed a lot.  --with-cairo is the default (and the only gtk-alternative).
  You'll need gtk 2.9 or later, and cairo 1.6.4 or later.  Eventually
  there will be a cairo "surface" for openGL, so I'll be able to
  reimplement that connection.  Unfortunately, the gtk/cairo version
  of Snd is very slow (more than 10 times slower than Motif).  Looking
  at valgrind output, my first guess is that it's cairo's fault, but
  I need to spend some time poking at it.

kmenu.scm uses the new gdk key names, so it only works in gtk 2.90.7 or later.

removed --with-builtin-gtkrc (Gtk themes have improved a lot over the years)

removed --with-static-gsl

removed the button color functions.

added a play triangle to the selection, and a close button to the sound pane.

changed the default value of just-sounds to #t.

s7: :allow-other-keys in define* parameter list.

Greg Santucci noticed and fixed a bug in s7's *trace-hook*.

checked: gtk 2.90.6|7, sbcl 1.0.42

Thanks!: Michael Klingbeil, Greg Santucci