[CM] some basic questions. CLM.

Bill Schottstaedt bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Nov 19 03:36:21 PST 2010

> is the snd, a software?

yes.

> what is the difference between CM, CLM and SHEME?

CM is aimed at composition, CLM at sound synthesis, Scheme is a member
of the Lisp family.

> can i by reading the CLM documentation informate myself in the needs of the software

I suppose so, though it's not the easiest path.  If you're interested in
composition, get Grace and work through its documentation.  If you
want to do sound synthesis or editing, get Snd and some introduction
to Scheme (or Forth or Ruby for that matter) -- there are several
floating around the web: "Learn Scheme in fixnum days" I think is
one of them.