[CM] Simple oscillator?

peiman peimankhosravi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 14:55:08 PST 2010

Thanks!

So after studying your example I came up with the code below. Ideally I
wanted the oscilator's speed to be controlable independatly from the event
density. So I am creating two processes one for LFO control (put into a
global variable) and the other as the event generator. It works (sounds OK)
but is probably not very efficient. There must be a better way :-)

Best,

Peiman

;;;;;;;;;;;;;
variable a = 0

process sine (time, rate)
   with i = 0
   for r = 2 * pi * (fit (i, 0, 1000, 1) / 1000)
   until elapsed() >= time
   set a = sin(r)
   set i += 1
   wait interp( elapsed(), rate)
 end

process test (time, low)
  until elapsed() >= time
  send("osc:message", "/test/osc", rescale(a, -1, 1, interp( elapsed(),
low), 125))
  wait .01
end

sprout( list (sine(25, {0 0.0005 20 .00005}), test(25, {0 80 19 120 20 70 25
124})) )