[CM] problems connecting to documentation via Grace.

Juan Reyes juanig at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Nov 8 16:16:27 PST 2010

Sure Rick, on Linux and OSX we can use pathname variables, or may be
include them in the init file.

Thank god, I am not windoze user, and I don't have to use it most of the
time (knock on wood).

Sometimes this internationalization issue is very painful. On the QWERTY
keyboard mappings are also very different. For example Emacs keybindings
not often coincide, and you have to customize. But if I recall, with a
single windOS update you can screw up and wipe out any customization you
make. I can't even deal with back slashes because I use them as TeX
commands.

I didn't know Juce was so up-to-date with globalization. As far as for
what you are telling us, Juce will look for standard program
installation directories, perhaps:

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

or its translation in Spanish (which I don't recall at the moment).

  --* Juan