[CM] Grace MIDI import / multiple message types

Bret Battey BBattey at dmu.ac.uk
Wed Aug 25 12:54:36 PDT 2010

I'm in a situation where I am importing from a MIDI file. I will need to be able to access note messages and ctrl messages -- interleaved and in time order -- in order to perform my task.

So

(midifile-import midi-file 2 '(time key)))

will get me the keynums

and

(midifile-import midi-file 2 '(time ctrl1 ctrl2)))

will get me the controller messages

But now I will have to code a sort mechanism to combine the two lists in time order.

Is there a way to import the two message types directly into one list, enabling me to avoid having to code a sort?

(midifile-import midi-file 2 '(time key ctrl1 ctrl2)))  => Error: no midi message with values: (time key ctrl1 ctrl2)