[CM] ladspa plugins

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Fri Nov 20 14:35:40 PST 2009

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009, charles virot wrote:

> Hi every one,
>
> I can't get working the gui to the ladspa plugins.
> when i load ladspa.scm there is the message:
> Unbound variable: def-class
> A menu appears, but nothing inside it.
> My ladspa-dir is well set to /usr/lib/ladspa.
> I didn't find any help on the web.
> The menu works well in snd-ls, but i prefer a light soft with customization.
> I use snd-8.8, because record is working, though i can't get working ladspa
> gui in any snd version.
>
> Thanks for your help.

I guess debugging isn't turned on. The following stuff
should be in $HOME/.snd :

"
(use-modules (ice-9 debug))
(use-modules (ice-9 rdelim))

(set! (show-backtrace) #t)
(debug-enable 'debug)
(read-enable 'positions)
(if #f
     (begin
       (read-enable 'positions)
       (debug-enable 'debug)
       (debug-enable 'backtrace)
       (debug-set! frames 28)
       (debug-set! depth 250)))
"

When debugging turned on, I get this message when loading ladspa.scm:

"
Unbound variable: srfi-loaded
In unknown file:
    ?: 0* [primitive-load-path "oo.scm"]
In /home/kjetil/snd-run/oo.scm:
   83: 1* (if (not srfi-loaded) (use-modules (srfi srfi-1)))
   83: 2* [not ...

; (load-from-path "ladspa.scm")
"

And that explains the problem. This works (at least for me):

(define srfi-loaded #f)
(load-from-path "ladspa.scm")