[CM] Looking for sound card suggestions

Steven Jones plewto at gmail.com
Thu May 7 21:40:35 PDT 2009

I have a new  Dell Studio 1737 laptop and would like suggestions on
external  sound cards. The machine is duel boot (Vista and Fedora 10).
I would be using Fedora for audio work.  My typical work habits is to
use either Nyquist or CLM to directly generate sound files so I have
fairly modest needs. I would like decent recording ability, multi
channel would be nice but not absolutely necessary.  Also I have been
using external MIDI equipment of late so decent MIDI support would
also be nice.  I have a budget around $200 but could go a bit higher
if need be.

Thanks
Steven Jones