[CM] CM 3 / Emacs

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 19 10:32:21 PDT 2009

hi yes  i forgot to add this to the docs, it'll be there in the next
release. in the meantime this is what you do:

1. use the ports funciont to find out what is avaiable:

(ports)

   (("midi.port" (0 -> "IAC Driver Bus 1" #f) (0 <- "IAC Driver Bus 1"
#f)))

note that the -> means output and <- means input. t

2. use the mp:open function to open the port you want. for example
this will output the midi output device 0 and

(mp:open 0)

this will open the output device 0 and the input device 0:

(mp:open 0 0)

NB:  the name (ports) is not a good name and will probably change when
the upcoming release happens, maybe it'll become (describe-audio) or
something. ill be certain to point that out in the changelog.