[CM] various snd-10 - motif and gtk troubles

Bill Schottstaedt bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Mar 19 07:05:09 PDT 2009

Except for the XLoadQueryFont problem,
I think all of the problems are the same -- you don't have the xm.so module
loaded, and the scheme code can't find xm.so (or xg.so) -- if you were running
 Snd from a terminal, you'd get an error message.  Perhaps I should launch
an error monolog, or (in the preferences dialog), post the error message
in that dialog.

The XLoadQueryFont bug is a side-effect of trying to get the xm module to
work in 64-bit machines -- I forgot that #f = null in this case.

On the menu accelerators and tab-completion in Motif 2.2.3, both
work fine for me.  Does Ubuntu mess with Motif in any way?

I had menu "accelerators" in gtk originally, but removed them.
Can't remember why -- I'll look at them again.