[CM] cm3 error

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 18 12:13:05 PDT 2009

first...its great that your implementing your own code!  for
transposing in cm3 you could just use the 'plus' function -- its
overloaded to handle common list procssing like this. so you just
pass it the scale as the first arg and the distance you want to
transpose it as the second:

(plus '(60 62 64}  7)
=> (67 69 71)

so the only bit of code you need (i guess...) is a function that
converts two keysigs to the semitone interval distance between them.
  if you encode signatures using signed ints where  0=C  -7= seven
flats and 7=seven sharps something like this might work i think

(define (sigdiff sig1 sig2)
   (modulo (* 7 (- sig2 sig1)) 12))

(sigdiff -3 3) ; ef to a
=> 6