[CM] building sndlib with jack support (for CM3)

lieven moors lievenmoors at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 13:14:25 PST 2009

Hi everybody,

I tried to build cm today on my 64bit machine, and I noticed
a problem. When I build sndlib with jack support (and CC=G++),
the static library is not built. And when I look at the makefile, I can
see that  the A_LD variable is not set. When I build without jack support,
this variable is set to ar. So I tried to put "A_LD = ar" in the makefile.
But then ar gives an error because it is passed an -L option (which I
believe is meant for gcc?) to link with the jack libraries.
I was wondering if the static library is intentionally not built when
compiled with jack support, or if it is a bug which can be fixed.

thanks for your help,

greetings

Lieven Moors