[CM] installing juce

Markus Eichhoff eichhoff at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Thu Jul 16 00:55:13 PDT 2009

Number 1. and 2. are o.k. now. Number 3. makes problems: I have put the directory
"juce" into C:\Software, then I went to "build" inside of "juce" and compiled it
with VC++. All without errors.
Then I went to cmd and typed "premake --target vs2008 --sndlib ../sndlib", but an
error occured:

**premake.lua: premake.lua:112: CM requires juce, add --juce to your premake options
**Script failed to run, ending.

Then I typed: "premake --target vs2008 --sndlib ../sndlib --juce ../juce"
and this error message appeared:

WARNING: no juce debug lib found for CONFIG=Debug
** premake.lua: premake.lua:205: attempt to call a table value
**Script failed to run, ending

What do I have to change? I compiled Juce as "release" and as "debug", but...
always the same error. Perhaps the command "premake.... " etc. is wrong in that
way I have written it?

BUILDING CM ON WINDOW

1. Download and install Premake 3.7, make sure that the executable is
on your PATH variable:

         http://downloads.sourceforge.net/premake/premake-win32-3.7.zip

2. Open a CMD shell (terminal): Select Run... from the Start menu and
click OK.

3. In the terminal window, change directories to your CM directory and
use premake to create the Visual Studio project files:

     cd \Software\cm
     premake --target vs2008 --sndlib ../sndlib

4. Double click the file 'cm.sln' , select the Release configuration
in the pulldown menu and press F7.

E-mail:      eichhoff at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Web:         http://www.statistik.tu-dortmund.de/eichhoff_eng.html