[CM] [Stk] STK INSTRUMENTS IN MACAW

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 15 08:44:35 PDT 2009

i have no idea why you are working under a directory call "steel bank
common lisp". sndlib has nothing to do with common lisp or sbcl. since
windows uses its shell to copy the windows-sndlib.h  files i think
maybe the spaces in "steel bank common lisp" possible cause things to
break please follow these directions in README.sndlib EXACTLY. if this
doesnt work im sorry i cant help any more than this, you'll have to
wait for a binary release in a week or two,

BUILDING SNDLIB AND CM FROM SOURCES ON WINDOWS

These instructions assume you already have Microsoft Visual Studio
Express C++ 2008 installed on your computer. Its easiest if you create
a common folder to hold the source trees for CM and SndLib.  I created
a C:\Software directory to hold both systems on my machine:

         C:\Software\sndlib
         C:\Software\cm

BUILDING SNDLIB ON WINDOWS

1. Download and install the latest version of SndLib:

         ftp://ccrma-ftp.stanford.edu/pub/Lisp/sndlib.tar.gz

2. Double-click 'sndlib.vcproj' to open the project in Visual Studio
and choose 'Build Solution' from the Build menu (or press F7). This
should compile the release version of the sndlib library.

BUILDING CM ON WINDOW

1. Download and install Premake 3.7, make sure that the executable is
on your PATH variable:

         http://downloads.sourceforge.net/premake/premake-win32-3.7.zip

2. Open a CMD shell (terminal): Select Run... from the Start menu and
click OK.

3. In the terminal window, change directories to your CM directory and
use premake to create the Visual Studio project files:

     cd \Software\cm
     premake --target vs2008 --sndlib ../sndlib

4. Double click the file 'cm.sln' , select the Release configuration
in the pulldown menu and press F7.