[CM] Problems with installing CM, CLM-4, LISP, SNDLIB

Bill Schottstaedt bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Jul 14 06:40:14 PDT 2009

Oh, I didn't notice it was looking for snd.h!

> c:\software\sndlib\audio.c(63) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open   include file: 'snd.h': No such file or
directory

I think this problem is that in linux and osx mus-config.h is created by the
configure script, and I have an update script that checks *.h.  It finds
whatever mus-config.h I last created (while testing), and clobbers the windows
version that we left there as a default for Visual C.  I re-made the
sndlib tarball at ccrma-ftp, and changed my script.  Perhaps the
Windows project can copy windows-mus-config.h to mus-config.h
or something.  In any case, the current version should get you past
that error.

On the other question, everything is in flux, as Rick said.  If I were
trying to build CM+sndlib on windows, I'd follow whatever Rick's
instructions say (and not try sbcl or whatever).  As far as I know,
only the ACL version of clm-4 works in Windows, so you want to
use Scheme.