[CM] building cm3/Grace on linux

Bill Sack bsack23 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 18:47:08 PST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 8:48 PM, Heinrich Taube <taube at uiuc.edu> wrote:
> so does this mean you can select the audio device in Grace too? look in the
> Audio menu for the Audio Settings... dialog and use Play Audio File... to
> see if you can play a .wav file.

yes, i'm sorry, i didn't even think to try that, but it does work now.
i can play a file and i can load and and play one of the sndlib
examples. the audio settings dialog shows my soundcard too. pretty
great!

i'm not sure what the waveform display should be doing, though. both
in jucedemo and grace it scrolls random-looking squarewavish bursts
regardless of what is (or isn't) playing through the player. my
notebook is especially weak on graphics power, though, and anything
that redraws a lot really bogs it down. i'll try the whole process on
another faster linux machine in the house tomorrow.