[CM] building cm3/Grace on linux

Bill Sack bsack23 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 13:04:21 PST 2009

ok, so i looked a little closer at juce_Config.h and noticed the
JUCE_ALSA macro was commented out, hmm. i enabled it, re-ran the
premake, rebuilt juce, rebuild cm and now i have midi in and out in
grace! all right!

i usually use jack and qjackctl to make it a liitle easier to see what
ports are available. i can then hook the output up to a softsynth, the
input to my cruddy little m-audio control and fun ensues.

hope that helps someone out.

and that's very exciting news about the portability of the application
... guess i need to go pitch that class now.