[CM] building cm3/Grace on linux

Bill Sack bsack23 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 10:59:28 PST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 8:10 AM, Heinrich Taube <taube at uiuc.edu> wrote:

>  i think there is also a thread issue on linux, i see a "wait cursor" fairly regularity once i send midi messages.

yeah, i see that too.

> on the plus side ive got s7/sndlib working in windows pretty well now using the native ms compier, and the audio playback window is now displaying the waveform now.

it's ironic ... my move to linux was triggered by a summer at ccrma in
'97 learning cm and clm/snd on the linux workstations ... though
pedagogically, if i were to consider pitching a class at a local uni
or college now i'd be more concerned with having an app that the
sysadmin there could install without too much hassle ...  on mac or
possibly windows.

thanks for looking into this, though.