[CM] /tmp full with SND files.

Bill Schottstaedt bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Jan 28 12:43:44 PST 2009

I ran your script using the ambisonices ladpsa plugin on
a pretty big file (50 MBytes like yours, I think).  You have
3 or 4 temp files for the src conversion, 4 or so for the
ambisonics output, then 6 for the channel swapping
while writing a 6 channel file at the end -- 10 or more
files, one about 200 MBytes.  So I think the directory
listing you sent is what I'd expect -- you need about
.5 GByte of free disk space to do this edit.  It seems to
me that you could save all but 4 of those temp files if
your ladspa plugin could write directly to the 6-channel
output, rather than having to go first to a 4-channel temp
file.  Ideally, it would accept a function as a reader,
and a function as a writer, and then the edit could be done
straight through with no temp files at all.  Even better,
rewrite the plugin in scheme!