[CM] common music question...

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Sat Jan 10 11:39:21 PST 2009

> Hello Heinrich,  thanks for posting the windows version of CM.
> I downloaded it and it seems to work fine.
> You mentioned that this version does not support audio output.
> Do you have an idea as to when you will be able to add this
> support to the windows version.

it DOES support audio, did you take release 3.2.4? this is what i
posted 3 days ago, directions show how to generate audio.

---
sndlib/cm3 is running on windows! binaries of cm 3.2.4 for mac, win
and linux are now at sourceforge. links to downloads and changelog are
on the homepage (you may have to reload the page in your browser to
get the updated html)

http://commonmusic.sourceforge.net/

For a really fun demo use Bill's birdsongs and watch 'em sing! it
takes about 10 seconds. Do this:

0. Start grace
1. Select Audio>SndLib>Instruments...
2. Double-click on the 'bird'  instrument row, that'll load the
instruments and open the example
3. Put your cursor just after (make-birds) in the birds.clm window and
hit Command-Return
4. wait 2 seconds for the file to compute, the player will pop up and
start playing, watch each bird squack as it plays! (well, the audio
waveform is not drawing on windows for some reason but it sure is
pretty on the mac....)

special thansk to michael gogins, who wrote the scons script that
compiles sndlib on windows, and carlos pita, for cleaning up the
premake.lua script and adding builds against installed libs