[CM] cm with chicken

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 2 05:58:02 PST 2009

> PS:
>
> - is the csound port described at
> http://commonmusic.sourceforge.net/cm/res/doc/cm.html implemented?
> - if it's how can I enable support for it?

the csound port exists in svn and works. but its still under branches/
grace1/ becuase im not sure its worth the effort to move it back into
the new Grace. its realtime audio didnt work well except for smallish
quanties of data. one of my students wrote a nice multichannel piece
with it but he bascially just computed the .sco files and then used a
gui csound app to render it. so lately ive been feeling that its
probably enough to simply provide the abilty to write .sco files, like
in cm2, eg

(define (simpsco )
    (process repeat 100
       do  (cs:i 1 (elapsed #t) 1 (between 220 440))))

(sprout (simpsco) "test.sco")

and thats it.  adding only .sco is not much work.