[CM] cm with chicken

Carlos Pita carlosjosepita at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 07:05:33 PST 2009

Thanks Heinrich,

using chicken 3.0.0 fixes the issue, but as I'm currently working with
3.4.0 I prefer to keep  that version as my system default. Anyway, I
managed to get it working just regenerating the bridge:

    $ cd scm
    $ csc -c++ -embedded -t ChickenBridge.scm
    $ mv ChickenBridge.cpp ../src

Remember that libchicken is not being linked by default, some final
makefile tweaking is needed. Wouldn't it be better if you could pass
the include/lib directories for the installed dependencies (juce,
chicken, sndlib) instead of the src for the uninstalled ones? For
example, I'm writing an archlinux package for cm and it's very
difficult to specify package dependencies the way cm expects them now.

One more question, is juce really needed if I only want to build cm (not grace)?

Best regards
-Carlos