[CM] Announce: Chorale Composer 0.3
taube at uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 24 14:09:46 PDT 2008
Chorale Composer 0.3 is available at:
Features of the current release include:
* Realtime theory analytics provide automatic, on-the-fly analysis of
chord quality, inversion, voice-leading, non-harmonic tones, tonal
center determination, functional analysis, figured bass symbols and
error (condition) detection.
* Edit chorales and view changes in the analysis in real time as a
* Relevant music built-in; nearly all 371 Bach chorales included with
the interface for reference. Search by name, number, or key.
* Sophisticated MIDI playback with in-audition editing, dynamic tempo
changing, playback cursor, and transport control. Take the repeat or
* Examples of automatic homework generation with instantaneous
evaluation; unique problem sets generated for each student. Analysis
settings to adapt to specific pedagogical needs; show and hide
different aspects of the analysis.
* Modern multimedia technology: a meticulously designed, engraver
quality, "what-you-see-is-what-you-get" graphic, tactile
interface. PDF as the native file format for both saving and
opening. High resolution JPEG snapshots of the score via
* Highly portable: runs on Mac OS X, Windows XP/Vista, and Linux. Does
not require installation; usable in restricted network environments.
--rick taube, andrew burnson
More information about the Cmdist