[CM] Which CM CLM

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Sat May 17 05:38:38 PDT 2008

On possibility i have been thinking about would be to just move the
commonlisp clm3 (or clm4) lisp sources to r5rs scheme and to then
replace the current  FFI.lisp with different FFI.scm for different
schemes (ie ffi-guile.scm ffi-chicken.scm ...) My guess is this system
would run basically as fast as sbcl clm3 since most of the stuff
happens in C anyway. My main reluctance is that as bill says this code
is not main clm branch that runs in snd and im not smart enough to
port this code. on the other hand clm3 works really well, is pretty
fast and is not a large system. Still it would be a fair amount of
work to port it to scheme, albeit most of the work is very
straightforward translation from common lisp to scheme syntax, and
recasting some defclass with define-records. If anyone would be
willing to help out on this work please send me a note. I probably
wont do it if im the only one working on it!