[CM] Which CM CLM

Tom Brooke tom.brooke at gmail.com
Fri May 16 09:15:23 PDT 2008

I have the Notes from Metalevel book and want to start learning CM and CLM I
have downloaded a couple of versions and I am trying to decide on the best way
to proceed under Ubuntu. It looks like I can:

    1. Run them both plus CMN under Sbcl - I installed the cd and CM come up
interactively without problem and I assume it wouldn't be difficult to set
things up in Emacs.

     2. Set up Grace and /or GraceCL - this looks like a slimmed down emacs
and I get a choice of Scheme or lisp - An advantage since I know more scheme
than lisp. ALso it looks like it might be an easier learning environment

      3. Use CM and CLM with Snd. This looks promising since snd 9.5 runs fine
on my system with jack and it looks like I have the choice of running cm
within snd or else calling snd with emacs. Plus I have the other snd
capablilities I can use.

I may have answered my own question but I wasn't sure whether all the means of
running CM and CLM are comparable and which way would serve me best in the
future.

Tom Brooke