[CM] Music5

Frank Brickle brickle at pobox.com
Thu May 1 21:19:09 PDT 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 12:00 AM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb at cesmail.net>
wrote:

> IIRC the FORTRAN source to one of the MUSIC series was in _The Technology
> of Computer Music_.

That was pretty surely a version of Music5. I think there may never have
been even a working version of Music5 at Princeton in the 1970-1980 period,
though the rest of the world might have moved on.

Music IV had the advantage that we could piggyback on whoever was laying out
the dough for the most highly-optimized IBM Fortran compiler at the time. I
later ported it to the PDP-11, but never bothered to keep an archival copy
of that either.

Frank

--
The only thing we have to fear is whatever comes along next. -- Austin Cline