[CM] Common Music on Windows

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Wed, 5 Mar 2008 18:34:11 -0600

> However, I'm more used to working in an REPL-style.

there is no REPL in Grace or GraceCL, you eval from text buffers. This
was a design decision on our part, repls are pretty old fashioned and
cause non-expert users a lot of problems -- unread input on unbalance
parens, entering a uselesss debugger, and so on.  You can, of course,
run CM in Slime and Emacs and get a repl.  I work in emacs quite a bit
and have to throw out my slime repl several times a day due to it
getting wedged for one reason or another.
On Mar 5, 2008, at 4:55 PM, Paul D Reiners wrote:

> However, I'm more used to working in an REPL-style.  Is there a way
> I can get the cm> prompt to come up so I can type in the examples
> from the "Notes from the Metalevel" book?  I tried the following,
> but it didn't work:
>
> C:\CommonMusic\GraceCL\Resources\cm\bin>cm-clisp.bat
> module 'syscalls' requires package OS.

not sure what thats about. what lisp is this? if you really want the
hardcore repl experience you can just use the Windows console: start
clisp from the console and type:

	(load "/path/to/cm/src/cm.lisp")