[CM] snd changing hardwares srate

Bill Schottstaedt bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue, 4 Mar 2008 11:10:19 -0800

This is a can of worms that others have complained about --
Charles Nichols, if I remember right, had a similar problem.
When I compare my code to, say, portaudio, the only real
difference is that they ignore the "error" returned at line
7313 in audio.c and just assume it's ok.  I can't use that
on my Mac (see the comment at that point), so I think I'll
add a switch you can set to override it.  Anyway, the first
thing to try is to change that line to

if (0)

(i.e. disable the error check), and see if it's ok.  If only there
were a reliable way to play a sound.