[CM] snd pd external reports "Unbound variable: in" during startup

Carlos Pita carlosjosepita at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 10:24:38 PDT 2008

>> to point SCHEME_LOAD_PATH to the snd folder in order to let the
>> external load the scripts, it's not enough to add this folder to pd
>> path, as it's the case with pyext.

What I've said is not true, the load path is ignored. The external
just tries to open its argument up to the letter:

static void snd0_load(struct dispatch *d){
  FILE *file=fopen(d->data.filename,"r");
}

So absolute paths or paths relative to cwd must be given, I guess.

> My thought is that you start pd inside your project directory, where
> all .pd and .scm files are placed:

Fine.

>> > BTW. Sorry for not testing things before posting,
>> > but I don't have access to my machine now.
>>
>> Sorry? Are you kidding? I'm the one who's a nuisance here. Thanks
>> Kjetil for your prompt support
>>

> Well, I'm sitting on a linux machine, but it's not set up
> to run pd with snd.

Don't get me wrong, my surprise was about your apologies when I
clearly was the one bothering you.

Regards
-Carlos