[CM] snd pd external reports "Unbound variable: in" during startup

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Mon Jul 21 08:10:32 PDT 2008

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, Carlos Pita wrote:

> Kjetil (sorry for the misspelling last time),
>
> I got an error when building your tar:
>
> snd_pd_external.c: In function 'snd0_gensym':
> snd_pd_external.c:143: error: 'par' undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> So in line 131 I changed this:
>
>   {
>     struct sched_param par;
>     par.sched_priority = sched_get_priority_max(SCHED_FIFO);
>
> for this other:
>
>     struct sched_param par;
>   {
>     par.sched_priority = sched_get_priority_max(SCHED_FIFO);
>
> At least the build went all the way to its end, although I'm not sure
> what I did will be harmless. But while loading the pd external I'm
> still getting unbound variables:

Oh, thanks. I did some things there, that's right. I probably
didn't test it though. Your fix is correct.

> /site/install/pd-extra.extended/snd-pd/rt-engine.scm:1362:50: In
> expression (jack_ringbuffer_create rt-to-ringbuffer-size):
> /site/install/pd-extra.extended/snd-pd/rt-engine.scm:1362:50: Unbound
> variable: jack_ringbuffer_create

Really strange. What does

ldd -r /site/install/pd-extra.extended/snd-pd/snd.pd_linux |grep jack

and

ldd -r `which pd`|grep jack

show?

And which version of jack are you running? I got missing
jack_ringbuffer_* errors when running snd in windows compiled
against jackdmp, but I don't think I have seen it in linux?

> Jack is running, all its development files are installed... but is it
> really needed for the pd external? I mean, io will be done through pd,
> won't it?

It uses jacks ringbuffer implementation.