[CM] snd pd external reports "Unbound variable: in" during startup

Carlos Pita carlosjosepita at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 07:49:12 PDT 2008

Kjetil (sorry for the misspelling last time),

I got an error when building your tar:

snd_pd_external.c: In function 'snd0_gensym':
snd_pd_external.c:143: error: 'par' undeclared (first use in this function)

So in line 131 I changed this:

  {
    struct sched_param par;
    par.sched_priority = sched_get_priority_max(SCHED_FIFO);

for this other:

    struct sched_param par;
  {
    par.sched_priority = sched_get_priority_max(SCHED_FIFO);

At least the build went all the way to its end, although I'm not sure
what I did will be harmless. But while loading the pd external I'm
still getting unbound variables:

/site/install/pd-extra.extended/snd-pd/rt-engine.scm:1362:50: In
expression (jack_ringbuffer_create rt-to-ringbuffer-size):
/site/install/pd-extra.extended/snd-pd/rt-engine.scm:1362:50: Unbound
variable: jack_ringbuffer_create

Jack is running, all its development files are installed... but is it
really needed for the pd external? I mean, io will be done through pd,
won't it?

TIA
Best regards
-Carlos