[CM] what linux?

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 08:34:22 +0100

Hi Rick,

Am 26. Februar 2008, 15:23 Uhr (-0600) schrieb Rick Taube:
> thanks, but uname returns
>
> 	2.6.24-5-rt
>
> but this does not appear in aptt-cahce's headers list. the header
> list contains
>
> 	linux-headers-2.6.24-10-rt
> 	linux-headers-2.6.24-8-rt
>
> is it ok to take the 10 verison?

I'm not sure, you can just give it a try. If it doesn't work you can
use the official Ubuntu rt-kernels (The "rt" is *not* Audio realtime
as those kernels don't have capabilities enabled).

Ralf and I discussed doing an own Gutsy capability-enabled-rt-kernel
package in the next weeks for our school's computers. If it's done,
Ralf or I can let you know and in this case we could give you the
package and the appropriate headers as well.

Yours,
Orm