Maybe a Wiki page? - (was: [CM] newbie on OSX - graceCL and sbcl...)

padovani josepadovani at yahoo.com.br
Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:21:50 -0200

Actually I think that it would be very nice to have some kind of wiki
page... I mean, the doc is just fine, but it would be also nice to have
a web page where people could post their experiences installing GraceCL
on specific configurations (just like me with OSX 10.4.11 - needed a
specific version of the sbcl bnaries and with UbuntuStudio, some months
ago, have experienced some kind of system muting)...
This kind of page is also nice because people could place lisp, sal or
scheme codes that they have created to solve specific compositional
problems and people that don't know Grace would have a more sensible
idea about what they could do with it (you know, when they would search
on Google it would be there) ;)
I think that it would help to create more exchange between the GraceCL
users/developers and also to spread it...
But, it's just an idea (I have no idea how is the work to create a wiki
page - probably they have a php pack to place in a server....)
Well, just thoughts...

PS: I have noticed that the cm page
(http://commonmusic.sourceforge.net/doc/cm.html) does not say anything
about Grace... As I found out CM by this page, it would be nice to have
some paragraph about Grace with links to the binaries/sources there...